Saturday, February 20, 2021

Update on plot!

Whats up yall! Quick update on what my group and I have discussed recently and how we are planning on moving forward with the plot. First off, I just want to establish how our thought process has been, basically my group and I think in shots and try piecing together the story through the shot compositions we want to accomplish. I have already gone over how the plot will revolve around a post-apocalyptic world where the main character believes themself to be the last person on Earth and because of this fact we obviously want to make our character seem isolated. How we plan on accomplishing this is through the use of very wide shots where the only character in frame shall be the protagonist, and to make the point even more apparent we plan to try and get a drone shot of the protagonist when they are traversing to show case not just their solitude but also the landscape they are in. We also discussed how we want the character to look, my group member Sabrina has volunteered to act and also she says that she has some fake make up we can use to make the character seem dirty and as though they have been scavenging for a while. Like I said before we are thinking in shots, so we began to write down these ideas to create an outline of how our film opening shall look. We want to start through the perspective of security cameras, this will create mystery and immediately have the audience questioning what exactly is occurring? Is the character attempting to rob the place they are entering? Are they being watched? This will keep our audience hooked to see what happens next. We also plan to use wide shots like I stated before, but within the confines of the office building I have talked about, the use of wide/long shots of the protagonist exploring and searching through the office will help to better create the lonely, empty feeling we are trying to produce. We continue, once we are out of the office to when they are traveling through brush or some sort of woodsy area, to further showcase the post-apocalyptic feel and isolation of the character, not only this but within this setting the shots will become more hand held/loose to further fit with the genre conventions I mentioned in my last post. Lastly, we want to leave the audience asking what happens next, and we plan on doing this by having a sequence of shots at the end where we have a close up of the characters feet as they are about to cross a train track and just as they place their foot they will hear the train. This is where a close up of their face will show their fear, as they believed they were the last one on the planet, and as they attempt to run, my hope is to have the title appear on screen as a real train rushes by the camera but we will see as this may be hard to pull off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting Creatively and Critically

 Its been a long and fruitful process but with this post I say good bye! Here is the final portion of my portfolio project: my CCR          ...