Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Font

The only thing we had left to do for our film opening was the opening credits, the title screen, and Isa wants to do a volumetric lighting effect one of the beginning shots of the opening. Right now we are deciding on the font for the opening credits and the title screen, and I really wanted to make sure that it fit with the vibe of our film. Kim ran by some ideas she had for the font and first suggested something like the font for Mad Max, I thought this would not fit because of the pacing and difference in sub genre between that film and our own. Our film is slower paced, starting with a more dramatic and almost thriller like tension, where as Mad Max has action and adventure, these feelings clashed so we needed to look for a font different than Mad Max. We continued looking and discussed whether or not the font for the opening credits themselves should match the title, after looking at a past years opening made by my friend Ryan Orejarena. In Ryans' opening his title had a fun and unique font that matched with the genre of his film, while the opening credits remained more plain and legible so audiences could read who contributed. I felt we should follow this model, so we set to work making a graphic with a unique font for the title and decided to go with a plainer, less distracting font for the credits themselves as to not distract from the shots that are playing under the credits. I would put a photo of the fonts and potential graphic we are using, but one) nothing is 100 percent decided and two) I dont want to ruin the surprise! I will update yall and hopefully wrap up this film opening asap because I want to start discussing the CCR! I hope everything goes as planned, till next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting Creatively and Critically

 Its been a long and fruitful process but with this post I say good bye! Here is the final portion of my portfolio project: my CCR          ...