Friday, February 26, 2021

Group Meeting Update

Whats up yall! Today was my schools traditional senior skip day, but due to the fact that I have been trapped in my home for almost a year and due to my large amount of anxiety over school, I decided to go to class anyways. Today in class we broke up into groups with other class members who were not in our group for the film opening, as a way to get feedback on our progress and see if our ideas were feasible and sounded good to an outside perspective. As one can imagine, breakout rooms are tough, some people are scared to talk, others have their cameras off, and some just dont know whats going on. I, however, like to get business done, so because of the fact that I could tell no one was jumping at the opportunity to speak, I decided to break the ice and tell everyone my idea first. I did no receive much feedback from my peers, as they liked my idea and thought that since I and the rest of my group are in TV production, we have enough experience to pull it off. I tried to pry a little deeper, asking them what they thought I could improve on, but they were anxious and didnt say much. I did not let this dishearten me, however, as I asked one of the biggest questions on my mind, the character in my film is supposed to be the last person on earth, as of now, the opening merely shows them being alone and isolated, so my question was how do I make them feel like the last person on earth? My peers didnt have much of an answer, but through some discussion and a mere revelation in my self, I realized that maybe the character didnt need to be the last person on earth. I simply need to showcase the post-apocalyptic scene and the fact that they are isolated, as those are really the main story elements within the film opening. If I were to make this a full length film, then yes, eventually I would figure out a way to show they are the last person, but as of now I think its fine to just show an isolated protagonist in this world. The rest of the meeting consisted of me giving advice to my class mates, as I have a little bit more experience when it comes to filming and production than my peers, but I like helping others so I would say it was a productive day. Talk to yall soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting Creatively and Critically

 Its been a long and fruitful process but with this post I say good bye! Here is the final portion of my portfolio project: my CCR          ...