Saturday, February 27, 2021

Where are We?

I realize after extensive talk of what our film opening will be and what we plan to do for our shots in the opening, that I have not actually shown where it will be taking place. I have mentioned the office and surrounding area but here are some photos of the office we plan to film at, the outside surroundings, and the factory that we may also use.





Along with this we have discussed some practical and editing effects to fully create the post-apocalyptic feel we are looking for. I have already discussed how we plan to start the opening by showcasing the character going into the building through the eyes of a security camera, we plan on doing this by either using an overlay online or creating our own within Photoshop. We feel as though this will make our audience ask if our character truly is alone? If she is alone, why are the cameras still on? Who is watching her? 

Another effect we have discussed is, in order to create atmospheric lighting as well as just atmosphere in general, we are thinking of getting a fog machine, which we will use to give the effect of dust in the "abandoned" office. I do not think this will happen as it was merely a suggestion, however, it caused us to branch off into the topic of atmospheric lighting, in which case we can create particle effects within After effects to provide for the same effect we would achieve with the smoke machine. I do not think it will be perfect and I have not discussed with my group in a while since we have very little time outside of school and my full group was not in school this week, however I hope to have everything solidly laid out and settled upon within this upcoming week as we should be starting filming soon. As always I will keep yall updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting Creatively and Critically

 Its been a long and fruitful process but with this post I say good bye! Here is the final portion of my portfolio project: my CCR          ...