Sunday, February 14, 2021

Scatter Brained

This weekend has been tough as everyone on my team has had no time and so we have had problems with finding time to communicate as a group. We were all competing in a national competition during different times so we all have a lot on our plates and so the differences in ideas have not been settled and we have not necessarily settled on anything yet. I do not know if we will stick with the genre/plot that I have been more inclined towards, however, I would like to write it down and at least showcase a bit of what we have discussed. So far like I have said before, we wanted an almost dystopian or post-apocalyptic genre, however this was because the term Science Fiction has slipped my mind. The idea so far from my perspective is a character going through their late shift in an office. They say goodbye to the one other person with them, and then get back to work. During all of this credits will be placed in the corners of the shots to showcase the director, writer, producers, etc. The character eventually needs more coffee so they get up, music is playing that sets mood of scene/opening, as they get up to go make coffee maybe something falls and we can show some sort of shadow or some noise that denotes the monster moving by did it, then close shots of filling coffee, maybe interspersed shots of security cam footage of something going on outside. I was thinking that the opening would be primarily focused on building the world and tone of the film so my idea for the last few shots is the character leaving the office, close up of hand turning off light, and just as they go out and close the door you just hear a really loud monster noise and the title splashes on screen. This would leave the audience with the reaction of "oh that character wasn't important at all, it was the monster, events, and setting that we were supposed to notice," and I think this would be a very good way to start the film. This idea is subject to change though as we will further discuss as a full group what our intentions and goals are for the opening, so I will make sure to update the blog with our hopefully final genre/plot asap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting Creatively and Critically

 Its been a long and fruitful process but with this post I say good bye! Here is the final portion of my portfolio project: my CCR          ...