Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Finally meeting as a group!

My group finally got to meet up after our long weekend to finally discuss as a whole team what exactly we were looking for. Just like I said in my last two posts we all had the same vibe which we wanted to go for but also like I said in my last posts, that was all subject to change. The first thing we discussed when meeting today was what and where exactly we have access too, as we did not want to get to ahead of ourselves and come up with story that we could not film due to lack of location. We have a couple locations in which we can film as my group member Sabrina, has access to an office that is also connected to a factory, and my other group member Isa has access to a car help center. We began to discuss what exactly we wanted our story to be and we agreed we wanted the main character to feel isolated and alone, this eventually led to our idea of having them be the last known person on the planet, at least to themselves. The idea, which I feel takes inspiration from the film "A Quiet Place," is as follows, we follow a character who is scavenging for supplies, we will start to showcase them through security cameras, which we will do either through editing footage or within the office we will use the actual security camera footage that we have access to. The security camera will make them seem like they are being watched but soon it is shown that they are actually alone as they access the office and through body language and yawning we can see they are tired. They find a pot of stale coffee which is made apparent through their disdain for the taste, also they raid the pantries and find Twinkies (the staple apocalypse food) and they rejoice as they have not had them in forever and shovel it into their face, putting the rest in their bag. We continue to follow them as they travel to different locations all while writing in their journal, eventually leading to the final shot in which the character hears a train and they begin running outside to find the source, this will conclude our film opening and leave our audience asking is our character really alone? If I were to venture to state what the genre the film would be it would likely be dystopian, once I discuss further with my group and solidify this, I will update yall with some genre research!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting Creatively and Critically

 Its been a long and fruitful process but with this post I say good bye! Here is the final portion of my portfolio project: my CCR          ...