Saturday, March 20, 2021

A pretty cool effect!

Throughout my planning and production process, I have repeatedly stated how my group planned to start off the beginning of our film opening through the lens of a security camera. I noted we would achieve this effect either through using the actual security cameras at the filming location or by doing so in post, and since the cameras at the location did not cover the areas we needed, we resorted to getting the shots ourselves. How we did this during production, is we had one member stand at the top of the latter and get a nice wide shot of the area that we later added effects to in post. First we added grain to the shot as security cameras are known for their poor visual quality, then we under saturated the footage in premiere to take away a lot of color from the shot, and we added a time code in the bottom right of the shot to really show case that it was a recording from a separate entity within the world of our film. Also in order to make the shot look as close to a realistic security camera as possible, we researched the frame rate of security cameras and found that the average frame rate for security cameras is 15 fps, so we set our footage to the same frame rate in premiere. We managed to edit a good amount of the rest of the film opening as well, but I wanted to just highlight this one really cool effect before covering the general editing process in my next blog post. Hope you guys found this as cool as I did!

Before 

After

Also one last note! We will be finishing up the editing process tomorrow and plan on adding the number of each camera to the top left corner of each security camera shot, so this is just an example for how it looks now. It may change slightly in the final production but for now I think it looks great and I really wanted to showcase it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting Creatively and Critically

 Its been a long and fruitful process but with this post I say good bye! Here is the final portion of my portfolio project: my CCR          ...