Sunday, April 4, 2021

Project Reflection!

 As we are coming to the end of this project, I wanted to do a quick reflection post on the overall process. I won't lie, my group started out rocky, arguing over what idea to use, what place we wanted to film, and just over all butting heads with each other over menial decisions. We of course did not let this stop us, as we were able to suck it up and put our differences aside to make a quality film opening and I genuinely believe that with our skills we made something I am proud of. The coronavirus was a big obstacle we had to face but due to our preexisting relationships we were able to easily communicate with each other and it never felt like we were out of place. I was able to hone my directing and writing skills as those were the primary roles I took in this project and I think this project definitely gave me a better understanding of what the circumstances are like for directors. Planning and thinking on the spot during filming was not only challenging but fun. I had to understand what I wanted from both my actor and my cinematographer and communicate it to them effectively so that we could get the best shots possible. I also had to listen to their input as well as they also had their vision for the film and this communication lead to a great production. In the end this project really opened my mind to the production world and made me excited for what experiences I may run into like this in the future! I can't wait to put out the final product so yall can see what I have worked on for so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting Creatively and Critically

 Its been a long and fruitful process but with this post I say good bye! Here is the final portion of my portfolio project: my CCR          ...